Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Flash Player not responding, Safari Freezes

I have a 21.5" iMac, late 2012 with 1TB hybrid hard drive, 3.1 GHz Intel Core I7 and 16 GB ram. Recently upgraded to El Capitan (ver 10.11.2)For the last moth or so, I have been getting the spinning beachball more often than I use to. I have been looking at the activity monitor and saw Carbonite using quite a bit of cpu capacity but after working with the support folks, this does not appear to be my problem. I have also seen Adobe Flash Player (version 20) taking quite a bit of cpu capacity but even more troublesome, when using safari the flash player will stop responding and Safari (ver 9.0.2) freezes. It only relinquishes its grasp when I force quit flash player.

I tried to contact Adobe support but they won't talk to you unless you pay them. I then tried the Adobe support forums and have not gotten any response.

Outside of paying Adobe, I was thinking that maybe I should either resort back to an earlier version or even try to uninstall Adobe flash player all together.

Any advice provided would be most appreciated.

Harvey49

Leesburg, GA

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 11:26 AM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:13 AM in response to harvey49

I have been having that same problem. It occurs on both my iMac and my MacBook Air. Both are running OS X 10.11.3 (El Capitan) and both have the latest versions of Safari and Flash. I have tried to configure Flash so it will not start without prompting me, but nevertheless it freezes certain websites, and the only way I can clear it is to open Activity Monitor and force-quit Flash. User uploaded file

Adobe Flash Player not responding, Safari Freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.