Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot reset iPod classic after dropping it on cement.

Cannot reset iPod classic after dropping it on cement. Says to contact apple with a sad iPod face.

iPod classic 30GB.

Tried to reset and it says to contact Apple. The "Do not disconnect" flashed continually until it drained the battery. An error code came to my desktop saying I had ejected improperly. I had not ejected it.

Any ideas?

iPod classic

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2016 2:23 AM

You may have damaged the iPod's hard drive (or some other component). Are you able to put it into Disk Mode?

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

If it goes into Disk Mode, run iTunes on computer and connect iPod. iTunes may prompt you to do a Restore with a message about "recovery." If you are OK with erasing the iPod, tell iTunes to proceed with the Restore.

If it does not go into Disk Mode, or the Restore fails, you may have a hardware problem with the iPod's hard drive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2016 2:23 AM in response to chazlegrove

You may have damaged the iPod's hard drive (or some other component). Are you able to put it into Disk Mode?

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

If it goes into Disk Mode, run iTunes on computer and connect iPod. iTunes may prompt you to do a Restore with a message about "recovery." If you are OK with erasing the iPod, tell iTunes to proceed with the Restore.

If it does not go into Disk Mode, or the Restore fails, you may have a hardware problem with the iPod's hard drive.

Cannot reset iPod classic after dropping it on cement.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.