Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ACU technosoft

has anyone received a pop up concerning a virus and to contact a number which is ACU Technosoft?

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 6:30 PM

16 replies

May 6, 2017 9:01 PM in response to Mgale43

I also received a pop up from a site claiming to be Apple Technical Support that my phone had been attacked by either a virus malware spyware or Trojan and then I immediately need to contact Apple support and I called the number which led me to this AccuProtect. So scared that my phone had a virus or something else bad on it so I went ahead and agreed and allow this company to take $35 out of my account to set up their protection on my phone. What do I do is this a scam? Now I'm really scared and concerned and worried that they've been monitoring my phone and all of my activities and have access to all of my personal information .

Feb 10, 2016 5:11 PM in response to boxer1221

I just searched to make sure... just having the serial number does not really put the iPad or its data at risk

(Google your question verbatim - then filter by the last year)

• They should dispute the credit card charge with their CC issuer.
  • They should report everything to local law enforcement (not that it will do any good - a $30 fraud is not gonna be high on their priority list)

Feb 10, 2016 5:21 PM in response to boxer1221

boxer1221 wrote:

What can someone do with the serial number of the ipad?

Not much, really. It cannot be used to remotely access its data or determine its location, for example.

What you should do is to add it to your list of products in My Support Profile, if you haven't done so already: https://supportprofile.apple.com

That does nothing to establish ownership of course, but it is a convenient means of itemizing the Apple products that are actually yours. It also prevents someone else from doing that.

Jul 10, 2016 12:41 PM in response to Mgale43

Yes, it just happened yesterday. I was searching the web and I noticed a pop up that said to call apple support and they told me to help with this problem to add an app called Acu Protect for $34. It seemed real and I wanted the problem to go away so I purchased it. After searching the rating on the app and actually calling Apple support number that is included on the website, they told me it was a third party trying to get my money. Don't believe everything and be careful with pop up messages and call you get. It's sad how people are trying to steal people's money and identity.

Also how I figured this was a scam is that they weren't supper nice. You can tell about the customer service.

Oct 19, 2016 10:34 AM in response to Mgale43

Yes I called them last week and talked to some guy calling himself Discides Kevin (My guess Raju) as the safari browser is stuck on an email format with a Apple number and they told me this a virus infection and something else which doesn't make a sense so i agreed to it. And took all my card info but i aint stupid so i gave them wrong expiration. The reason is Apple device is a free and the message on my safari appears Apple Tech but the the super heavy accent and floor speaks for himself it is just like a bar buzzing and yelling in Indian language..... PEOPLE DO NOT FALL PREY FOR ACU TECHNOSOFT OR ACU TECHNOSCAM OR WHATEVER!!!....THEY WILL ASKED YOU TO PAY $40 EVENTUALLY TO REMOVE THE BOGUS THEY CREATE LIKE A WARNING AND LET IT FROZE.....HERE IS THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM...1).. SETTINGS (2).SAFARI (3).CLEAR HISTORY AND WEBSITE AND YOU SAVE $40. ALL THEY NEED IS IS PERSONAL INFO TO SELL TO SOME AGENCY TOP OF THAT THEY WILL ASKED YOU TO PAY....Someone has to stopped this now.

Nov 8, 2016 7:38 PM in response to Mgale43

I received a popped up again on my iPad that my device may have VPN virus or something. So call the number thinking that i was talking to Apple support but i came to realised he wasn't apple technician eventhough he said to me he was for the software dept. of Apple with his thick Indian accent. He told me i need to download an app on the iTunes app store Uptu Prime App, I said to him i have an anti virus Acu protect and paused for a bit and said to me that 1 month protection and now expired. So i was told i have to pay $40 over the phone to get rid off the virus for lifetime security on my iPad then i knew this is the same company that fooled me once. They have step up their game so beware of this are fake pop up. Apple please do something about this.

Dec 3, 2016 12:13 AM in response to John Galt

New version - Pink flashing ransome page in iOS Safari, giving a phone number to call fir "tech support". Safari will be frozen, even if you quit & restart. The fix is to quit Safari and go to Settings>Safari>Clear All Caches, tap and confirm. You will lose all web pages in the cache, but not your bookmarks. Then restart Safari.

If you call, they try to get $40 and get your IMEi or Serial No and also try to get you to download Uptu Prime from the iOS App Store. My guess is that if you download the app, it will be ransomware that freezes more than Safari.

I'm not so sure they can't use the SN or IMEI in some sort of spoof or cloning operation. Uptu is a tuition and services billing company near a university in India. Probably some college nerd punks doing this scam by using the company name, as there are hundreds of complaints re: double and multiple charges, etc.

The two phone numbers to reach these fine lads are 1 844 489-0876 and 1 888 262 9415. Call them and chat with them. Question their manhood. Call them untouchables. Wind them up and waste their time to reduce their time available to steal. First, add the above numbers to a fake contact and block it. Also, set your phone to not display your numbers so they can't text you.

ACU technosoft

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.