Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Book Card and Calendar each halts system

iPhoto Slideshow and Album both function normally. The Book, Card & Calendar functions show a Loading … indication, but almost immediately activity halts and no input except force quit is available. A problem report is generated.

An earlier problem with iPhoto had been recently resolved. The problem and solution are in the Discussion iPhoto 9.4.3 frequent crashes submitted by iGardener Dec 14, 2015 and involved removal of two html files googlemap and googlesearch. The iPhoto Library used at this point is of modest size … under 200 photos.

The above solution made me very happy and appreciative of the Discussions forum. I post this in the hope that I can get back these iPhoto functions.

Jerry-a-Tic greetings.

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2016 12:46 AM

A solution to the problem I reported was found when I continued to search the iPhoto Discussions. Specifically, MattyMiles asked about " iPhoto, Photo Books, Calendars, Cards" back on Nov 14 2009. A recommendation ,due to user Old Toad, to check the "Theme" folder located at HD/Library/Application Support/iPhoto led to a solution for the problem I raised.

The Themes folder and related database file was, by its date, a new file, apparently created when I reinstalled iPhoto in an earlier unsuccessful attempt to solve the "google induced crash problem". Fortunately, I had a copy of the Themes folder, which turned out to be a backup. Replacing the existing folder and Themes.db file at the HD location, solved to problem. A reboot was not required

my thanks to MattyMiles and Old Toad.

Jerry-a-Tic

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2016 12:46 AM in response to Jerry-a-Tic

A solution to the problem I reported was found when I continued to search the iPhoto Discussions. Specifically, MattyMiles asked about " iPhoto, Photo Books, Calendars, Cards" back on Nov 14 2009. A recommendation ,due to user Old Toad, to check the "Theme" folder located at HD/Library/Application Support/iPhoto led to a solution for the problem I raised.

The Themes folder and related database file was, by its date, a new file, apparently created when I reinstalled iPhoto in an earlier unsuccessful attempt to solve the "google induced crash problem". Fortunately, I had a copy of the Themes folder, which turned out to be a backup. Replacing the existing folder and Themes.db file at the HD location, solved to problem. A reboot was not required

my thanks to MattyMiles and Old Toad.

Jerry-a-Tic

iPhoto Book Card and Calendar each halts system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.