Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phantom 70GB of Documents & Data iPhone 6s 128GB

My iPhone 6s 128GB iOS 9.2 seems to have some phantom files taking up storage. I've tried all the tips online and those given in the forums, however, still stuck. Have a look at the screen grabs below. I have no Videos, no offline Dropbox/Google Drive files, etc.

iPhone 6 Storage - see how the top 10 apps consume less than 30GB, however, the phone is saying I am using ~100GB of data? Where is this extra 70GB hiding?

User uploaded file

iTunes Mac (12.3.2.35) - says "over capacity by 13.29GB" which is insane. I cannot sync anything to my iPhone now.

User uploaded file

iTunes PC (12.3.2.35) - this falls inline with what the iPhone says, however, still a mystery where all this space is coming from.

User uploaded file

Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 13, 2016 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2016 9:13 PM

I did a full backup and restore and now have precisely 30GB used and 85GB free, as expected. Insane how iOS generated so much nonsense garbage to consume space!

1 reply

Phantom 70GB of Documents & Data iPhone 6s 128GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.