Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Podcasts

Is there a way to find all my downloaded podcasts?

I have podcasts set to download new episodes of subscribed shows over wifi so I can save on my data plan. I can view podcasts that have not been played with "Unplayed" section. I also have podcasts set to delete after they have been fully played. However, sometimes I skip a podcast that I don't like. This tends to send the podcast into some 5th denominational void. It remains downloaded on my phone, but does not show up in the "Unplayed" section. The only way I know so far to find these phantom podcasts is to search show by show in the "My Podcasts" section and delete them as I find them.

Is there any way to just view all Downloaded podcasts (not played, partially played, and completely played).

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 14, 2016 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2016 8:50 AM

So, I finally figured out how to find the downloaded podcasts. You have to navigate through General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > Podcasts. From there you can see all the downloaded episodes on your devise, including the partially played episodes I was hunting for in my original post.

This is CRAZY cumbersome. This should be easily accessible through the Podcast app. I agree with chaosdomi... maybe a third party app might be the best choice for functionality of podcasts and download management.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2016 8:50 AM in response to chaosdomi

So, I finally figured out how to find the downloaded podcasts. You have to navigate through General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > Podcasts. From there you can see all the downloaded episodes on your devise, including the partially played episodes I was hunting for in my original post.

This is CRAZY cumbersome. This should be easily accessible through the Podcast app. I agree with chaosdomi... maybe a third party app might be the best choice for functionality of podcasts and download management.

Feb 7, 2017 2:33 AM in response to soapsayssurf

Thanks for the Storage hint but the pity is that in previous version of Podcast App, there was a possibility to create lists and add podcasts we downloaded. Therefore, it was easy, when read, to erase them (automatically or manually).

Frankly, Music App and Podcast App since two years are just so complicated to be used and are not at all user-friendly... Sorry guys, but it seems to be Apple's style: to forget what historic users used to love and to forget that user-friendly devices was their force v. competitors...

BTW, is there good alternative podcast app?

Jan 15, 2016 2:17 PM in response to soapsayssurf

Hello soapsayssurf,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are looking for a way to view podcasts you have downloaded. I found this in the following article:

My Podcasts

Tap My Podcasts at the bottom of the Podcasts app for iOS. This lists all the podcasts you already have. From here, if you want to search podcasts that you've already downloaded, pull down with one finger to reveal search.

User uploaded file

Podcasts app for iOS: Browsing and searching

Best regards.

Jan 18, 2016 12:42 PM in response to jeffd55

Thank you Jeff, but this does not help. The "My Podcasts" section shows all the podcasts I listen to, not necessarily the episodes that I have downloaded to my device. If I pull down the search, I would have to know what podcasts I am searching for.

What I am looking for is a list of the downloaded episodes on my device that are currently taking up space. This way, I can delete the partially played episodes that I do not intend to finish. This would clear up some additional space on my phone.

Feb 1, 2016 1:09 PM in response to soapsayssurf

Instead of having to hunt down for the partially played episodes, mark them as already played.

When playing an episode, or reviewing abailable episodes, top on the " ... " button and select the "Mark as Played" option. This can be done even on episodes that are still in iCloud and, therefore, will not be downloaded to your device. marking downloaded episodes as played will result in them being deleted after 24 hours.

Feb 3, 2016 7:54 PM in response to Rysz

Rysz, this is no help nor is it an answer to the question. I want the episodes to download so I don't use my data when I listen to them. If I listen to a podcast I don't like, I hit the next button (usually while in the car). This will automatically mark the podcast as partially played and will no longer show up in the I played podcast section. But it will remain downloaded on the phone. You idea would still require me to hunt down the podcast on the phone individually. I'm looking for an option that shows all of my downloaded podcasts regardless if they have been fully or partially played. Which we concluded does not exist through the podcast app. As far as I'm concerned this will only be fixed with an update to the app by Apple.

Jul 13, 2016 8:58 AM in response to soapsayssurf

Soapsayssurf, I was really glad to run into this thread since I have the same problem. Going into Manage Storage>Podcasts is a big help. However, I cannot seem to locate the list of all individual downloaded episodes there. It just shows the podcast names that have download episodes (sometimes listed multiple times), with the ability to delete them (not sure if the episodes or the whole podcasts!) from within the settings screen... Can you tell me more about how you found the whole downloaded episodes list? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Nov 9, 2016 10:33 AM in response to soapsayssurf

This is the best "solution" so far, but still like you said, far too cumbersome. But what I had previously done was make sure cellular data is toggled OFF for Podcast, then turn OFF WiFi, then open the Podcast app browse through all my podcasts and look for episodes that weren't grayed out. That takes a while. Seems like we can't be the only ones looking for this option, and it seems like a rather simple thing that Apple could add to the app.

Downloaded Podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.