Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change iCloud email address?

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 15, 2016 3:37 AM

7 replies

Feb 4, 2016 9:27 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thank you very much for the suggestion but it doesn't work. I cloud asks me for an email address and password whch I don't have in ICloud because I can't set it up because of invalid e-mail address. I've tried setting it up but it requires a password which I can't setup because ITunes can't send to a ficticious email address to validate.

Feb 5, 2016 3:26 AM in response to michaelfromberkhamsted

If it's not been verified it doesn't exist and you should have no problem starting again. However...

If you are unable to remember your password, security questions, don’t have access to your rescue address or are unable to reset your password for whatever reason, your only option is to contact Apple ID Support, upon speaking to an operator you should explain that your problem is related to your Apple ID, this way you will not be charged for assistance, even if you don’t have an AppleCare plan.

You will need to show patience with the procedure and be prepared to demonstrate without question that the account belongs to you. Don’t expect access to be restored immediately and if you aren’t the owner of the Apple ID registered to the device the account won’t be reset.

Feb 5, 2016 4:56 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks but that doesn't sound very inviting.

I don't understand why you would have or be allowed to set up an ICloud email address that is different to the ITunes email address on the same device. After all here I am on the ICloud support forum using my ITunes log in.

The difference is that the correct email address is .com and ICloud thinks its .co.

So on my IPhone the correct ITunes one is xxxx@yyyy.com but the ICloud address is xxxx@yyyy.co

Whenever I open my phone I get a message saying ICloud account not verified - go to settings.

I probably did but actually don't remember entering this again for ICloud when I got the phone - perhaps its a bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.