Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

canon mx430 wireless problems

I cannot print wirelessly to my Canon MX430 printer. I am running Os X El Capitan. Actually, since I have not been able to print wirelessly, I have been using a USB cable for direct connect, which worked fine. Now that also has stopped. Is there a known problem with Canon MX430s and OS X, or could it possibly be a virus or other malware problem?

Posted on Jan 15, 2016 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 3:56 PM

frankieteddie wrote:

Is there a known problem with Canon MX430s and OS X, or could it possibly be a virus or other malware problem?

There is no known issue with the MX430 series on OS X 10.11. And I doubt that you would have malware that is stopping you from printing.

For the USB connected MX, the most common cause for no printing is the cable. I suggest you turn off the printer and unplug the USB cable. Then restart your Mac and after you log back in, reconnect the USB cable and turn the printer back on. Then see if you can print again. And ensure you are selecting the printer for the USB connection. If you have a printer in Printers & Scanners for the MX connected via wireless, and you select this printer when you want to print, then it will not work.

As for the wireless connection not working, if you updated to El Capitan from a previous OS and it was printing fine via wireless, then you often just need to remove this printer and add it again. If you have tried this already and it did not work, then reply and I will see if we can get it connected via wireless again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2016 3:56 PM in response to frankieteddie

frankieteddie wrote:

Is there a known problem with Canon MX430s and OS X, or could it possibly be a virus or other malware problem?

There is no known issue with the MX430 series on OS X 10.11. And I doubt that you would have malware that is stopping you from printing.

For the USB connected MX, the most common cause for no printing is the cable. I suggest you turn off the printer and unplug the USB cable. Then restart your Mac and after you log back in, reconnect the USB cable and turn the printer back on. Then see if you can print again. And ensure you are selecting the printer for the USB connection. If you have a printer in Printers & Scanners for the MX connected via wireless, and you select this printer when you want to print, then it will not work.

As for the wireless connection not working, if you updated to El Capitan from a previous OS and it was printing fine via wireless, then you often just need to remove this printer and add it again. If you have tried this already and it did not work, then reply and I will see if we can get it connected via wireless again.

canon mx430 wireless problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.