Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos not playing correctly in Safari

Some videos on my iMac (OS10.9.5, running Safari 9.0.2) don't play normally any more, others play fine. It's a tossup. Here's what happens- sometimes the ad promo and the video start playing at the same time, so I hear both audios, other times they begin to buffer then stop and don't play at all. I have the latest Flash player installed and active. Any ideas?

AppleTV 2, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 15, 2016 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:26 AM

Problem solved. Lo and behold, it was something called "Safari Power Saver" which prevented web videos prom loading and playing right away. When I unchecked this preference, videos loaded and played automatically.

4 replies

Dec 26, 2016 2:45 PM in response to Bgrey79

It's in preferences--under Advanced--under "Internet Plug-ins."

But turning it off didn't work for me. I'm trying to play videos that are in Blogspot (Blogger) blogs. They show up fine in Firefox and Chrome, but Safari 10.0.2 doesn't show them. It also doesn't show the normal "white box with no play button"--there's just a blank space where the video is meant to be. Observe:

http://bardfilm.blogspot.com/2016/12/bill.html

Again, it works in a multitude of other browsers, but not in Safari. And turning off "Stop plug-ins to save power" has no effect.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give!

kj (Bardfilm)

Videos not playing correctly in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.