Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The backup disk image “/Volumes/Data/iMac.sparsebundle” could not be accessed (error (null))

Hi,

I have a 27 inch late 2013 iMac, 3.2 Ghz intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3. I keep getting the follow error when trying to back up to my time capsule.

The backup disk image “/Volumes/Data/iMac.sparsebundle” could not be accessed (error (null))

I have another iMac and Mac Pro that are backing up to the time capsule with no issues.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2016 8:04 AM

10 replies

Dec 31, 2017 9:22 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hello Linc. This same error message came up for me out of the blue with mid-2011 27-in iMac using OS 10.13.2. Followed your directions. Still not able to get into Time Machine. New error message reads: "Time Machine can’t connect to the backup disk. The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 5.)". This message occurs after being prompted to enter my password (which i do correctly) to the command "Enter your password for the server "X" AirPort Time Capsule so that Time Machine can assess it". Can you help with what's next to get Time Machine working again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.