Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't enable iCloud backup

I recently had an issue backing up my iPhone 6s to iCloud due to storage issues. So I cleaned up a bunch of things and even deleted the backup. Now when I go to my storage settings I'm told that I have 4.4gb available and my next backup size will be 3.2gb. But on the app list it says Photo Library is 5.5gb.(Pic attached) I don't even do an iCloud photo library and my camera roll is only 2.5gb. When I try and turn off a backup, it won't let me. I've done network resets, turned off and on iCloud backups. But I still cannot backup to iCloud. (I have backed up to my computer as a safety net)

Please help.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 16, 2016 9:44 AM

76 replies

Oct 31, 2017 8:45 PM in response to Akhil994

Did anyone ever figure this out? Here it is, November 1, 2017........and now I am having the same issue as the rest of you with my iPad. I recently got the new iPhone 8Plus so not sure if this is all interconnected. It will not accept my icloud password. It says something about verification isn't working. It's such a stinking mess! I even have the latest update......APPLE DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!! I have switched over from being a PCer and now having many issues with my iPad...GGGRRRRR.............It even says I don't have ANY STORAGE which is impossible......I just PAID for 200 Gigs!

Jan 20, 2016 4:16 AM in response to jamesfrompacifica

I'm experiencing the same issue.

After upgrading my iPad mini to iOS 9.2.1, I decided to delete my backup from the cloud as I recently uninstalled a number of apps that were causing the cloud backups to become larger. Shortly after this, I attempted to run a manual backup to iCloud but it consistently failed with the the message below.

'The last backup could not be completed.'

This continued after restarting my iPad and after I removed and re-added my iCloud account to my iPad. When I attempt to re-enable iCloud Backup after disabling it as a test, I am consistently seeing the message below.

'There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup.'

My automatic and manual backups had been working normally for a long time. I suspect that deleting the iCloud backup caused this problem rather than the recent upgrade to 9.2.1 as this seems to have been ongoing for a long time.

Jan 20, 2016 10:34 AM in response to dwm.

I have the same problem and I also think what triggered this issue was deleting my iPad backup. I was on 9.2 and the backups were working kfine until I wanted to delete my backup and start with a new one. I don't have this problem in my iPhone because I've never deleted my backup and I won't do it. This issue is driving me crazy. Come on Apple, work on a fix now, this is way too much and I don't want to make a reset and start as new just to see if it fixes the problem, there must be a better option.

Can't enable iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.