Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error -12746 on iPod touch 5th generation when trying to play music

trying to play music on my iPod touch 5th generation and get error error -12746.

was previously updated to 9.0.1 and just updated to 9.2.

iPod touch, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 16, 2016 1:22 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2016 12:31 PM in response to lucs88

not even apple cares to respond when direct messages are sent to them about this error which renders the devices 60% useless the main purpose of an ipod is to play music and media and when it won't play any music or media or even give notification sounds when messages received or even find my ipod the application doesnt make a peep if you use it- its total absurdity and apple seems to really not care- no steve jobs well then it doesn't matter what happens to old iDevice users we want them to upgrade and spend more money anyways- its unbelievable but thats what it seems like this far into the new iOs and they still haven't fixed a problem which renders the device almost totally useless- I had 0 problems until updating my device to ios9 and now it's been almost useless since then- i DID send a message to apple and got no response which leads me to believe they really DON'T care what happens to 5th generation touch device users it's very sad- perhaps someone will respond to this! considering how much these devices cost the fact that they have basically sabotaged the functionality with the new software is really just--- offputting and makes me consider getting non apple products because this sort of thing just doesn't happen elsewhere.

Photos below show the errors- this is all the information they should need to take action and fix this for loyal iDevice users-

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

error -12746 on iPod touch 5th generation when trying to play music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.