Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2nd generation iPod is not connecting to my Macbook Pro it, it shuts down by itself each time I connect it to my Macbook Pro

I have a 2nd Generation iPod that has two different wires, one to charge with and the other to sync music to. The iPod charges normally, however my issue is with it not being able to connect to my Macbook Pro in order to sync music. The iPod crashes every time I connected.

iPod classic, Other OS

Posted on Jan 16, 2016 5:09 PM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2016 12:10 AM in response to khaledam92

A 2nd gen "classic" iPod uses a standard FireWire (400) cable to connect. It's the same cable for connecting to computer and for charging. If your iPod uses a docking cable with the 30-pin connector, it may be a later model, like 3rd gen or 4th gen. If you can identify your iPod on this list, it will help with resolving your issue...

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipod/index-ipod-specs.html

My 2nd generation iPod is not connecting to my Macbook Pro it, it shuts down by itself each time I connect it to my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.