Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snap to beats for imovie 10

Hi,

I just want to know if the snap to beat option is still available. I have watched a few tutorials and they have this feature available in imovie 2011, but I can't seem to find this option in the new imovie version. Any alternative that I can snap my videos/photos with my audio beats? I don't want to do this manually by clicking the m-key. Anyone out there who knows a workaround.

Thanks

iMovie 10, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2018 4:33 AM

I know this question is old, but I found it helpful to download the older version of iMovie that has the "snap-to-beat" feature. Here is the link: Apple - Support - Downloads

8 replies

Jan 17, 2016 8:14 AM in response to Ianbags

There is no snap to beat option in iMovie 10.1. There is a workaround that I saw on the internet.

What you do is add a black background to your time line, that is as long as the music you are going to use.

Then you add your music in the usual place at the bottom of the time line.

Play your music and tap the letter "m" to the beat. That will put markers on the black background that you

added earlier. Now bring in your pics in the upper part of the timeline, where you would normally add titles.

All you have to do now is to trim and adjust your pics and they will snap to the markers on the black background.

Here's the link to the website that I saw. It will give you the details. It discusses markers in general and snap to beats in the last

third.

http://macmost.com/using-imovie-markers.html

Snap to beats for imovie 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.