Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mountain lion upgrade limitations

I need to upgrade from Lion 10.7.5 to Mounntainlion 10.9 but I have I life 11 which keeps my i web app operational. (still add to my website olefuzzcartoons.com)

if I purchase OS 10.9 ( from the app store) 99is there any way I still CAN KEEP I WEB? I am looking for a website replacement for i web so i can continue to add/improve my website

John

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 9:10 AM

10.8 Mountain Lion is avaiable for 19.99. 10.9 is no longer available from the AppStore. You will be able to upgrade your iLife apps free from the AppStore.

7 replies

Feb 10, 2016 9:05 AM in response to olefuzz0115

You are welcome. Mountain Lion is a download only. If you don't feel comfortable testing it by yourself, getting Apple's help make sense.

One option is to create a new partition (~30- 50 GB), install the new OS, and ‘test drive’ it. If you like/don’t like it it, you can then remove the partition. Or you can load it on an external drive and boot from that drive. Do a backup before you do anything. By doing this, if you don’t like it you won’t have to go though the revert process.

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Open Disk Utility, select your hard drive (step 1), then the Partition tab (step 2), and select the partition. Using the /// at the bottom move it up (step 3) until the size box decrease by about 50 GB. Select the newly created space and hit the + button (step 4). Name it something and select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as the format (step 5). Then hit the Apply button(step 6). Download the installer from the App Store and when it starts, point it at the new partition. You might want to make a copy of the installer outside the Applications folder to avoid having to re-download it in the future. Once installed, go to System Preferences/Startup Disk, select the new partition and reboot. Test away.

mountain lion upgrade limitations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.