Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove "Offers4U"?

"Offers4U" is now on my computer and it is driving me insane! I have tried to remove it, but I cannot find it under extensions, I have also blocked pop-ups but it has not done anything! How do I remove it?

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 12:10 PM

You unfortunately have adware/malware installed on your system. You can remove it one of two ways; manually or with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a malware-removal program designed by a very respected poster, and as I've used it on my own computer, I can vouch for its safety and ease. It will NOT install malware on your computer, so please, don't believe the opposite if you hear it. I would suggest going the Malwarebytes route because it's far simpler.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2016 12:10 PM in response to Ashley453

You unfortunately have adware/malware installed on your system. You can remove it one of two ways; manually or with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a malware-removal program designed by a very respected poster, and as I've used it on my own computer, I can vouch for its safety and ease. It will NOT install malware on your computer, so please, don't believe the opposite if you hear it. I would suggest going the Malwarebytes route because it's far simpler.

Jun 14, 2016 1:56 AM in response to pinkstones

I too have been having frustrating problems with offers4u and Deal Top, both of which only seem to have attached themselves to eBay.

I have Malewarebytes installed and ran it yesterday at least 5 times although at least 3 of those produced no results.

I also have my system geared up to block pop-ups.

THREE phone calls with Apple Support resulted in me binning various cache folders and ultimately re-installing the OS.

My iMac is just 2 months old and runs on the latest El Capitan system 10.11.5 and seems to have had it's share of teething problems (e.g.frozen screen) but then I don't always do things right being only a 2 month old MacHead!

And my adware/maleware problem was probably caused by my own idiocy when I fell for downloading Mackeeper which I've since discovered should be kept at the length of a barge pole!! I stick my hand up and say I own up to my mistake but it's a bit of a shame that the bods actually selling Apple products don't give out general warnings of certain nasty programs. But we live and learn!

I have yet to check out eBay to see if re-installing the OS and then letting the iMac run for over 30 minutes in safe mode has solved my problem. I was told yesterday by Apple support that the safe mode would knock off the remaining temp files and caches and would also reset something called envy run.

I read on a Mac forum this morning he didn't think Safari would be affected, but my pop-ups showed up on both Safari and Chrome.

One of my daughters uses Firefox with a special add-on which I might consider using.

And eBay seems to be clean of the pop-ups when I log in via Safari on my iPad.... so the problem is obviously on my iMac.

I can tuck the iMac under my arm and let one of the geniuses in The Hague take a look if I still haven't cancelled out the pop-ups but that is a last resort.

However, I am a great believer in trying to find my own solutions as this is the best way to learn not to make mistakes twice and it also makes me more aware of what I can do in my iMac. Each day of our lives is a learning curve!!!

So any more help before I take the plunge and move over to Firefox etc will be gratefully accepted.

Jun 14, 2016 6:42 AM in response to suebeland

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is marked solved, less people are likely to look at it. You can link to this one. For the new discussion, try running this program and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

How do I remove "Offers4U"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.