Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac constantly looking for mybooklive network HD - discontinued using several years ago

My Mac has been running slow as of late, and the Mac store recently updated my iTunes. After doing so, it seems my Mac, especially when using iTunes, is looking for an old HD I once used. I get the message 'There was a problem connecting to the server "mybooklive"' I can't seem to find any remnants of the mybooklive in searching my applications, documents, or anything else - so, something is there, I just can't find it. I've been through the preferences in iTunes and can't see anything there either. Any suggestions on where to look to remove this? (I have no further use for that HD).

Thanks much,

David

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 12:00 PM

4 replies

Feb 11, 2016 2:20 PM in response to Linc Davis

I have the same issue. When iTunes is active, I get the message that my decommissioned Samba server cannot be reached. I don't find any references to the old server name. My iTunes library was stored on the decommissioned Samba server. I moved that library to the successor server and mounted it with the same path. So the pathname to the iTunes library looks unchanged. Music is accessible without any error and file references do not include the name of the server.

This message is confusing as I don't see any place where a server name would be part of a configuration of iTunes.

Mac constantly looking for mybooklive network HD - discontinued using several years ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.