Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installing iTunes 10.6.3 for Windows 7 after deleting version 12

Updated to iTunes 12. I do not like or need all the bells and whistles. I wan to reload version 10.6.3. I have uninstalled version 12. When I attempt to install iTunes 10.6, the installer goes almost to the end before "rolling back action." The message is "Installer encountered errors before iTunes could be configured. Errors occurred during installation. Your System has not been reconfigured.

I am using Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron. I have downloaded WinRAR-x64-531b1.exe and ran it per instructions on I found on this site. Can anyone help?

iPod classic, Windows 7, Dell Inspiron

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:13 PM

Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then remove it.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If you're going to install an older version of iTunes you will need to restore the pre-iTunes 12 library using, for example, the method in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 2:13 PM in response to rdg46

Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then remove it.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If you're going to install an older version of iTunes you will need to restore the pre-iTunes 12 library using, for example, the method in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

tt2

installing iTunes 10.6.3 for Windows 7 after deleting version 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.