Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Korean language input system (GongjinCheong Romaja) is not working as expected in El Capitan version as compared to the previous OSX versions.

The Korean input system (GongjinCheong Romaja) is not working as expected.

For example, when I want to type An-nyeong-ha-se-yo, it would instead show me as: An-yeo-g-a-e-o. Especially for the next consonant after the first character, the next consonant will disappear, and I had to repeat that consonant to make sure it is visible. Example: I want to type "JO-JI" and the input system will make the second "J" disappear after I press "I". So to type "JI", i had to press right arrow or Enter to complete the first character "JO" before I can move on to type "JI". This way is taking me slow and it is not supposed to work like that in the older OSX versions where I can easily type JO-JI as JO-JI at one try.

Please check and get back to me soon. Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Jan 17, 2016 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 7:46 PM

Have you updated to 10.11.2?

Does this happen in all apps including TextEdit?

Be aware that you are not talking to Apple here, but other users like yourself who will try to help if they can.

4 replies

Jan 18, 2016 7:54 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Yes! Thank you for helping to check.. I should have been clearer in my problem description. I meant that it didn't work as expected in Mozilla Firefox 43.0.4. As you suggested, I tried typing Korean characters in TextEdit or MS Word. They came out correctly so I believe the problem lies with Firefox parsing them correctly. So now I'll direct my issue to Mozilla for rectification instead, so thank you again! 🙂

The Korean language input system (GongjinCheong Romaja) is not working as expected in El Capitan version as compared to the previous OSX versions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.