Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv remote app not scrolling

Hi,

I am using the 3rd generation Apple TV, looks like there was an upgrade recently after which I am unable to scroll using my Apple TV remote app.

I am on iPhone6 Plus and my wife is on iPhone6S Plus; both of are having the same issue.

Appreciate if you can help with a fix or workaround.

Best Regards

Hans

Apple TV-OTHER

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 9:13 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

There hasn't been an Apple TV update for a long time, the remote app updated a few weeks back. Works fine here for me.

Try restarting the Apple TV, the network router and your phones.

5 replies

Jan 19, 2016 3:42 PM in response to HansChikatmarla

Just found out that the December update rendered the Remote App useless on Gen 3 Apple TVs. I have tried 3 devices and none connected. Troubleshooting on line with Apple TV Experts from Apple then 90 more minutes at the Apple Store finally opening a new Gen 3 TV and seeing it not connect to any device with the Remote app. The Genius Bar Genius agreed, the app is the problem. And it's not a 3rd party app...

apple tv remote app not scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.