Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't let me sync my iphone 6s plus it says it needs to be updated but when i search for updates there are none

When I plug in my iPhone 6s Plus to get my music off iTunes to my iPhone it says iTunes needs to be updated, I checked for updates and there are none, it says I'm updated to the 12.1.2 version does anyone know how to fix this problem or has anyone had this problem and know what to do?

iPhone 6s Plus, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 11:08 AM

6 replies

Feb 24, 2016 8:38 PM in response to gail from maine

My iPhone is brand new and works well with everything but iTunes. I am not even getting an error message. Their is no way to sync with iTunes (there is no phone to click.) I rebooted my iPhone and downloaded the newest iTunes (for the second time). I don't know what else to do and nobody I've encountered has a fix. I tried my son's new phone too and we're both having the same problem. Any suggestions? Never had this problem with any of my other iPhones or other versions of iTunes.

itunes won't let me sync my iphone 6s plus it says it needs to be updated but when i search for updates there are none

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.