Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie Keeps Freezing

This is the first time this has ever happened to me, but I bought the movie Savages yesterday (14.99) on ITunes (Version 12.3.2) and it keeps freezing periodically, every few seconds, and then other times it stops at the two minute marker in the beginning and never plays again. I've tried to skip ahead and stuff but it just freezes.

I have Windows 10, a PC, and I'm really frustrated. I don't know if I can get a refund for the movie, but I am super frustrated and annoyed that people have asked this question about movies freezing and haven't gotten any answers.

If you can help, that would make my day!

Itunes Library-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 7:47 PM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2016 7:01 AM in response to EasternSunrise

Hey EasternSunrise,

It sounds like you have one movie that you have purchased from iTunes that when you try to play it, iTunes at some point becomes unresponsive and the movie freezes. Is that right?

I would suggest at this point that your delete the movie from iTunes and download it again from the store. This can be done at no charge. See this article for how to download - Download your past purchases. Specifically -

Redownload a movie, TV show, or music video

You can only redownload a movie, TV show, or music video that you bought from the iTunes Store. Rented movies are not available for redownload.

On a Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click More User uploaded file in the upper-left corner.
  3. Click Movies User uploaded file or TV Shows User uploaded file from the pop-up menu.
  4. Click iTunes Store.
  5. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  6. Under Movie Quick Links or TV Show Quick Links on the right side of the iTunes Store, click Purchased.
    User uploaded file
  7. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  8. Scroll to find the item that you want to download.
  9. Click the Download icon User uploaded file in the upper-right corner of the item that you want to download. Your item downloads to your library.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing.

Movie Keeps Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.