Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver keeps defaulting to Aerial

Loving my new AppleTV except for one problem: the screensaver keeps defaulting to Aerial. I'm tired of switching it to my Photo Stream, only to look up and see stupid New York City again. Any thoughts on how to get my preference to stick? Is it possible to delete the NYC screensaver?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 10:39 PM

7 replies

Feb 13, 2016 12:38 PM in response to Huntington_Princess

I am having the same issue. I set the screensaver to show one of my iCloud photo albums, and it will do so for a week or two, but inevitably it reverts back to the Apple aerial screensaver. Which I wouldn't mind so much but for the fact that no matter how I often I set it to update, the aerial screensaver just seems to show scenes of London and San Francisco, over and over again. Sometimes different scenes, but almost always those cities. I just want to see my own photos. Was wondering if the reverts occurred during software updates.

Jun 7, 2016 1:41 PM in response to Huntington_Princess

Same here. Just fired up my first ATV4 (after years of many previous ATVs) and the screensaver keeps reverting to Aerial when the ATV4 is revived after going to sleep. This is espeically problematic for me because, as a photographer, I use my personal photos in My Library as my screen saver... which means re-setting the screen saver from Aerial to My Photos requires going 4-5 steps deep into the process of selecting the correct photo folders. Then, repeat the process again in 12-14 hrs.

HEY APPLE! What's the fix here?

Screensaver keeps defaulting to Aerial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.