Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem after update on El Capitan, only imovies and iphoto cant update. Update Unavailable with This Apple ID BUG

Hi,

I have a problem after update on El Capitan from OSX 10.6.8, everything works, only imovies and iphoto cant update. iMovies was crashing, i download an update manually from https://support.apple.com/downloads/imovie version 9.09 and its working now. But in update list there is still these updates for imovies and iphoto and still cant update because of this ID problem! I call to Apple in Czech Republic, and they cant give me redeem code for update or whatever they dont know how to solve...

It wrotes me:

Update Unavailable with This Apple ID This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was.

I double checked all emails i have, AND i own 1 Apple ID from the time i bought my iMAC = never use on anything different Apple ID!!! Also i have never problem with this apple id in past to update anything...So its a BUG.

In advance thx for help,

Ondrej

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), null

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 1:00 AM

2 replies

Jan 22, 2016 6:22 AM in response to suchatch

I found solution right now 😀

I went on itunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imovie/id408981434?mt=12 then click view in MAc App Store and click Install...now it works 😀 with same Apple ID 😀

iPhoto still problem, this doesnt work for iPhoto, still get Update Unavailable with This Apple ID This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was.

cheers

Problem after update on El Capitan, only imovies and iphoto cant update. Update Unavailable with This Apple ID BUG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.