Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store > Purchases question

In iTunes, listed under iTunes Store > Purchases, I can only see the most recent 250 items that I have bought. How do I access the others (I've bought up to 800 songs over the years).

I have bought a new iMac and want to import those purchased songs from my old iMac to my new one. The simplest way (I thought) of doing this was to simply re-download the purchased songs using my iTunes account to me new Mac rather than try to transfer them from one to the other but that's impossible if only 250 are listed there. Both computers are connected via the same network so if there is actually a simpler way to achieve my goal, please let me know.

Any help with both questions is appreciated.

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 12:03 PM

If the computers are connected to the same wifi network, and you have home sharing enabled on both for the same account (File > Home Sharing), and iTunes is open on both computers, then you should be able to view the old computer's iTunes library on the new iMac (you should have a 'house' icon top left, next to the content type icons), and you should be able to use that to select/highlight the tracks and drag-and-drop them over to that iTunes library.

Or does the Download All button bottom left of the Purchased screen (you are viewing the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage ?) not download them all (those that are still in the store, not bought in a different country's store, and which you haven't hidden from the cloud) ?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2016 12:03 PM in response to AndyMP

If the computers are connected to the same wifi network, and you have home sharing enabled on both for the same account (File > Home Sharing), and iTunes is open on both computers, then you should be able to view the old computer's iTunes library on the new iMac (you should have a 'house' icon top left, next to the content type icons), and you should be able to use that to select/highlight the tracks and drag-and-drop them over to that iTunes library.

Or does the Download All button bottom left of the Purchased screen (you are viewing the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage ?) not download them all (those that are still in the store, not bought in a different country's store, and which you haven't hidden from the cloud) ?

iTunes Store > Purchases question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.