Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SB6141 and Time Capsule Not Working - Best Modem?

I purchased an ARRIS / Motorola SB6141 modem yesterday, unfortunately without checking support here first, and like many I am experiencing the difficulty of getting an SB6141 and Time Capsule to cooperate. The modem works fine with a hard line, but when I connected my Time Capsule to the modem I received the dreaded blinking yellow light on the TC. Three hours of reading posts here (and elsewhere) and troubleshooting later, and I am still at a loss. Rather than struggle more trying to get the SB6141 to work, I'd rather just buy a modem that works (at least more often than not) with the TC. I'm in the Chicago area on Comcast. List of approved modems here. Please let me know if you've found a good modem to use with the Time Capsule. Thanks for any help!

Additional detail - I bought the 2TB Time Capsule in March of this year and it's fully up to date (Running, I believe, 7.7.3.)

Time Capsule

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 7:50 AM

Not on Comcast, but use two modems in rotation.

Zoom 5341J and Netgear CMD31T, which have both been flawless since they went into service almost 2 years ago.

3 replies

SB6141 and Time Capsule Not Working - Best Modem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.