Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unchecked Songs Checked on Open

I have recently run across a problem where, songs that were unchecked, end up checked. I uncheck them, and it happens again after I reopen iTunes, but not always the very next time. It is only on purchased music, and only a couple of albums. I am using family sharing where I am the main account if that has any effect.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 11:08 AM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2016 6:16 PM in response to gbol

This is still happening and getting quite annoying. It seems to be linked to downloading new content. Everytime I download part of a season pass for example, songs that were unchecked show up checked. They are only on albums purchased from the iTunes store, and always the same albums, but not all of them every time.

Apr 21, 2016 2:07 PM in response to gbol

I have the same problem, I noticed when I log out of Apple Music on my phone, the songs that are automatically checked are unchecked when I open iTunes. But as soon as I have to log into my apple account on phone they get checked again- super annoying. I talked to tech support multiple time and got nowhere. I basically gave up using my phone for music or purchases altogether. You would think after spending so much money on Apple products they would be more helpful. I'm seriously debating switching to an Android.

Apr 24, 2016 4:31 AM in response to gbol

I figured out how to fix the problem, at least for me. With phone connected to iTunes, un-select to sync music (so no music is synced to your phone). Then unplug phone, log out out 'My Music' on phone. then log back in. That's where a bunch of songs would still be on my phone- which weren't synced from computer iTunes. If you click on the 3 little dots after each song, you can 'delete from my music'. This will remove it from phone but not iTunes Library and those songs will no longer be checked automatically. I don't know why hose particular songs were stuck on phone in the first place- maybe those are purchased with phone, not iTunes from computer. I am skeptical on purchasing with phone again, I probably won't unless I really have to. I still haven't received any type of help from anyone at Apple for this...

Apr 24, 2016 8:17 AM in response to kpl35

Unfortunately, mine is not phone related. The problem is on the computer itself. Anytime I make a video purchase, unchecked songs get checked. It can be from a few to several, and is only songs purchased from iTunes, nothing I imported. Playlists get added with the number 1 appended, and content in existing ones gets changed. Very frustrating. I am not using Apple Music at all.

Apr 30, 2016 2:13 PM in response to gbol

I've been have this problem for well over 6 months, and its related to purchasing, if you purchase and song, album, video either from iTunes on your computer or from iTunes on your phone, the next time you sync iTunes has a habit of auto checking a random number of songs and copying then over to your phone. As of yet I haven't found a fix to this than having to go through every song in my library and un-check all that I don't want and sync again.

Unchecked Songs Checked on Open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.