Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

osx 10.11.3 download failure

I have tried to download OSX 10.11.3 twice. Both times it gives a message saying it couldn’t be verified, that all the parts weren’t downloaded, etc.

Both downloads went smoothly (about 40 mins), and both failed with the same message.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 12:30 PM

11 replies

Jan 20, 2016 7:27 AM in response to Marko566

The third time it worked. About 5 hours after the first two tries. The only meaning I can gve to the “not verified” comment is that at the end of the download process, some final signatures and authorizations were either garbled or missing.

The third time it only took about 15 minutes. I guess it sensed that the bulk had alread been downloaded and all it needed to do was finish.

Jan 20, 2016 7:35 AM in response to Cosman

I used this page (Apple - Support - Downloads) to perform my downloads of the update and combo update this morning, and it went fairly fast. First day of a release is always a bad idea, since everyone wants to download. also, it is better to allow someone else to potentially find any issues with a new realize, instead of being someone else warning not to do something.

COSMAN: I suspect you are correct that the download didd not quite finish downloading all essential items to include the final signatures or authorizations. It has happened to me several times, especially from the App store on a big realize, on the first day. Patience...

osx 10.11.3 download failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.