Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App won't open after updating to iOS 9.2.1

Just updated my iPhone 6S+ to 9.2.1 and now the Music app won't open. It just gives me a picture of a woman wearing a pair of Beats but nothing else.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 12:52 PM

Did a full back-up and restore and now it seems to be working. Waiting for all my data to be re-installed.

25 replies

Jan 19, 2016 7:12 PM in response to Strike It Rich

After my backup and restore from within iTunes (and the iPhone rebooted), when I opened Music again, it took a little while, but the woman with the Beats headphones finally transitioned into a request for either starting Apple Music or going to My Music (and I took the latter).

So hang in there after the backup and restore for several seconds once you restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Apple/My Music should be back soon enough.

RCJim

Jan 20, 2016 1:23 AM in response to Strike It Rich

I had yesterday the same problem. Follow this steps.

1. Close all apps in multitask.
  2. Go to Settings > Music > Enable "Show Apple Music"
  3. Force restart your iPhone, press simultaneously power and home button until you can see apple icon.
  4. Now, go again to Settings > Music > And disable "Show Apple Music"
  5. Go to Music app and you can see information about Apple Music Subscription, Below should appear "Go to my music"

Jan 20, 2016 5:10 AM in response to javimoval

Thanks for that. This worked for me too but without the need to restart my phone:

1. Close the Music app in multitask
  2. In Settings / Music - Enable "Show Apple Music"
  3. Open the Music app - still nothing works
  4. Close the Music app in Multitask
  5. In Settings / Music - Disable "Show Apple Music"
  6. Open the Music app - after a few seconds the screen will offer "Join Apple Music" or "Go to my music"
  7. Select "Go to my music" and all is okay

Music App won't open after updating to iOS 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.