Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error code 9006

I'm trying to download the latest IOS update (9.2.1) and it keeps quiting about 1/3 of the way into the download with a 9006 error code. All the debug information I found says to access the iTunes menu bar but I can't find it on iTunes 12 to check tools and security options. The iPhone finally finished a download on the third try but the iPad download has failed 4 times already. I've never had this happen but then IOS never had a 1.85 GB update. I also notice when the download progresses to the 1/3rd point, the download slows up and the calculated time increases. Where I can look to troubleshoot this problem?

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 3:13 PM

5 replies

Jan 19, 2016 3:55 PM in response to Limnos

I found and checked it. This happend with OS-X 10.11.2 and 10.11.3 today (before and after update) and it's never happened before with IOS updates. I'm not running any third-party security or other software than OS-X. And the information to check iTunes menu bar is a, "Huh?", since I can't find it on iTunes 12 following the instructions. I'm trying the download through the iPad (wifi connection to Mac).

Jan 19, 2016 7:01 PM in response to wsrphoto

I ended up with exactly the same symptoms that you did. Never seen this error before in all my years of iPods, iPhones and iPad updates.

Tried most of the Apple suggestions: Disable security software, different USB port, different Apple cables, checked file host, reboots of everything

So I had to resort to an OTS update and that went fine with both iPhone and iPod.

Jan 20, 2016 8:42 AM in response to John Paterson1

Interesting. The update through the device via wifi (same network the Mac is on) downloaded and installed within 15 minutes, meaning it wasn't the full 1.85 GB's download through iTunes and means the network wasn't the problem, but iTunes or Apple server is a good candidate. And iTunes 12 doesn't seem to have a tools menu, that I could find from the instructions.

error code 9006

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.