Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod charges and dies WAY to fast

My iPod Touch 5th gen has been charging and dying crazy fast. Like it went from 20% to 63% in 5 minutes. and when its 100% it dies in half an hour. And when it gets to 20% that's the real problem. It will say 20% with the notification, and then suddenly the power bar at the top of the screen will show 50% and then drop to 30% within second and the it will just turn off automatically. When I put it on charge it will turn on and sometimes it will say its charging and sometimes it wouldn't charge at all. If it charges, the cycle will start again.

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1, It is a iPod 5

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 2:36 PM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2016 2:46 PM in response to Allaura Washington

You can probably guess what's going on…the battery is toast. If it charges most of the way in five minutes, that probably means that most of the battery cells have died, leaving just a fraction of the battery actually functional. (Imagine what your car would do if you filled 80% of the gas tank with foam.) One of the side effects of such a severely impaired battery is that it doesn't play nice with the charge-level-gauging logic, as you've seen.

My iPod charges and dies WAY to fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.