Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Mini 4 Alternatives to Smart Cover/ Cases - already have smart cover - need case

So I just bought a new iPad mini 4 🙂

I got the smart cover..but wanted to know if anyone had any alternative cases that would go with the smart cover? I don't want to scratch my brand new iPad and don't want to pay $50 bucks to get the smart case to use with the smart cover.

Any ideas?

iPad Mini

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 6:47 PM

I use a portfolio or keyboard case for mine. But I'd suggest that you search on amazon. Best selection anywhere. And even if you don't buy from the site, you can at least get a manufacturer's name and read reviews

3 replies

Feb 12, 2016 12:28 PM in response to randychmm

I would certainly not recommend the Apple brand case. I had mine for 3 or 4 months and the corners eventually came to pieces and eroded, ultimately causing a decent dent in one corner. Not real durable. I had the Smart Cover and case both. I just replaced it with the Otterbox Symmetry Folio which seems much better in my opinion. I know Otterbox to be durable from having used their phone cases. But I suppose it won't work with the Smart Cover that you already have. I just wanted to tell somebody about the Apple Case for some reason. Good luck.

Apr 15, 2016 6:26 PM in response to randychmm

I, too, just bouught a Mini 4. The case I bought has great protection, comes witth a smart cover, and is leather. The OtterBox Symetry Folio (available at Amazon and Best Buy, where they will match Amazon's price, currently $ 42.95) is a folio with 360 screen rotation and built in stand. It comes in 2 leather colors and two fabric versions that feel rather rough. I personally do not recommend the polyester covers as mine started to fray within about three hours. Thes is covered thoroughly on the Amazon reviews.

I'm sure this comes too late for you, but you never know when something might come up. I'm very happy with mine.

Ipad Mini 4 Alternatives to Smart Cover/ Cases - already have smart cover - need case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.