Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

create id Apple without credit card

Yesterday I tried to create ID apple to my Gmail account but it was necessary to insert valid Credit Card because there were only the 3 options:

• Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Amex

I had to type my credit card and afterwards to select none payment.

1. Is't possibile to create id Apple and immediately to associate it no credit card payment?
  2. If I type credit card and afterwards I select NONE payment, my credit card is kept inside iPhone storage? Or it's only way to be sure you had valid credit card?
  3. I tried to insert n.2 rechargeable credit card but both cards were rejected, what's the minimum value which is to be contained in these ones?

thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 8:44 PM

12 replies

Jan 19, 2016 9:13 PM in response to Rickyleroy

Rickyleroy wrote:

Yesterday I tried to create ID apple to my Gmail account but it was necessary to insert valid Credit Card because there were only the 3 options:

• Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Amex

I had to type my credit card and afterwards to select none payment.

1. Is't possibile to create id Apple and immediately to associate it no credit card payment? Yes it is possible. The article that Kappy provided tells you how to do it. You don't create the Apple ID first - you download a free app first, then create the ID when it asks
  2. If I type credit card and afterwards I select NONE payment, my credit card is kept inside iPhone storage? Or it's only way to be sure you had valid credit card? No the credit card info is stored with your Apple ID. If there is no credit card on the Apple ID account, then there is no credit card.
  3. I tried to insert n.2 rechargeable credit card but both cards were rejected, what's the minimum value which is to be contained in these ones? Not sure what type of card that is, but I do not believe a pre-paid card is one of the acceptable payment options: iTunes Store: Accepted forms of payment

thanks

You may want to read through that article that Kappy provided the link for again. It tells you exactly how to do it, and provides additional links if you have issues.

Cheers,

GB

Jan 19, 2016 10:17 PM in response to gail from maine

I read the article again but in the section "On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" point n.5, it's highlighted "See what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it" and this one if my case.

This link redirect to "If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time" where it says:

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If I click on using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID

this link redirect again to another link but answer is very hard to find it.

So I think I have to insert credit card and afterwards to change payment to none

Jan 20, 2016 6:32 AM in response to Rickyleroy

Right, but that is not the question you asked. You asked if you could create an Apple ID without a Credit Card, and the only way to do that is by not creating the Apple ID until you have downloaded a free app.

What you are quoting:

Rickyleroy wrote:

I read the article again but in the section "On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" point n.5, it's highlighted "See what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it" and this one if my case.

This link redirect to "If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time" where it says:

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If I click on using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID

this link redirect again to another link but answer is very hard to find it.

So I think I have to insert credit card and afterwards to change payment to none

are the instructions for an Apple ID that you have already set up. So, in that situation, you do have to put in a credit card in order to select the "None" option.

Cheers,

GB

Jan 20, 2016 10:01 PM in response to Rickyleroy

Very strange. I tested this just before I posted back to you by doing basically the same thing. Downloaded a free TV Trailer to my Mac via iTunes without being signed in. Clicked on Create New Apple ID, used my newly created gmail address, went through the screens for Security Questions, etc. then got to the payment screen and the last box in the line of payment types was "None".....

The link that you were directed to basically does go in circles between:

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

which directs you to this link "If you don't see "None" when setting up a new ID":

Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

which directs you back to the first link with this sentence:

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

(eyeroll).

Not sure why the None isn't showing for you when you are creating a brand new Apple ID.

I would suggest contacting Apple Support to see if you can get any help there with this question:

iTunes Support WorldWide

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.... 😟

GB

create id Apple without credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.