Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I being forced to trial apple music for 3 months on my iPhone?

Normally, I can select the Music icon on my iPhone 5s and access My Music without any problem. On the odd occasion when the Apple Music splash screen pops up I had two options, one to trial Apple Music free for 3 Months, or two to go back to My Music.

Today it seems my only option to gain access to My Music is to actually trial Apple Music for free for 3 Months by pressing the only button on the screen, which is something that I don't want to do, I just want My Music. Here is the example of what I'm seeing on my phone:

User uploaded file

N.B. The 'Go to my music' text below the button is not a link or a hidden button to My Music.

I'm based in the UK and I was first of all wondering if anyone else has this problem, and second if there is a way around this so that I can just get to My Music without having to trial anything?

Cheers,

Rich.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1, Based in the UK - London

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 4:38 AM

Instead of spending time fiddling with ways to avoid it, you could always just hit the button, sign up, and immediately cancel.

11 replies

Jan 20, 2016 4:25 AM in response to wardr1

Have you tried restarting/resetting your phone and attempting to go to your music once again?

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

Jan 20, 2016 6:00 AM in response to wardr1

The "GO TO MY MUSIC" actually is a link but you have to hold your finger on it for a second or so instead of tapping it. This actually just really ****** off my spouse because she had tried to listen to her music last night and kept tapping but it never passed through to her music. To me, this is just a way to try and get people to try the trial. It reminds me of those stupid spyware installs that come with an app on a Windows machine, which disgusts me.

I've been an Apple user since the Apple II days in the early 80's. I've never seen Apple try to monetize their customers more than they are today. I pay more for Apple hardware to avoid this crap.

Jan 21, 2016 12:37 AM in response to wardr1

Just an update for anyone who has seen this thread and like me had no success other than actually trialing Apple Music Re: iPhone music app stuck in Apple Music advert image

My initial work around was to ask Siri to play a particular playlist, song or album, but this might not be practical when riding on the tube or the bus, so the other option is a 3rd party music player. The free music players on the App Store are quite frankly bile because they are usually full of banner ads or require some additional in App purchase and the ones that don't have all the annoying bits in them are a bit buggy. But, there is hope in the form of the Amazon Music Player. Now you will have to have an Amazon account but won't need to pay or trial for their prime service to use it. The Amazon Music Player can get all the off-line music stored on your iphone and its a pretty good one to boot.

Hopefully Apple, Apple Music, Beats or whoever they are will return us the courtesy of not having to choose to trial their music streaming service free or otherwise.

Jan 21, 2016 1:13 AM in response to wardr1

You should not have to download Amazon music player or any other.

As has been stated before all you need to do is go to Settings and then go to Music and where is has Show Apple Music, just slide it to off.

Then go and click on the Music app and it should show up My Music, so click on My Music and then you have the option of clicking on Playlists and you can then get all your own music there.

It worked first time for me once I had updated, but you might need to re-boot your phone to get it to work, but there should be no need for any other music players if you switch it off.

Jan 21, 2016 1:39 AM in response to wardr1

Tapping "Go to My Music" worked fine on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2, I don't understand why it fails on your iPhone. It's definately a link and it should take you directly to your music (and this splash screen does not reappear the next time you launch the Music app, though I have a sneaking suspicion it will come back in a month or two unfortunately, see below).

It is irritating that Apple have started redisplaying this screen again, months after they initially did so when Apple Music first launched. Also, Settings/Music/Show Apple Music off does not stop this splash screen from being displayed - I switched that setting off months ago and the screen still reappeared just now when I launched Music app. It seems Apple are determined to remind us that their music streaming service still exists even if we told them we weren't interested back when it launched... Hey Apple, I'm still not interested in Apple Music - please stop bugging me about it!

Why am I being forced to trial apple music for 3 months on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.