Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery drain ?

Anyone else having battery drain issues after doing the recent update for iPhone ? (iOS 9.2.1) ? Phone was fully charged on update, then drained to 20%- shut phone off & turned on, down to 5%.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 9:35 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2016 2:29 PM in response to TwinkleK

I Have the same issue with the battery drain on my iPhone 4s, but also it now only charges when turned of, and does run in power when plugged in to AC or USB. Just as strange us I had a reading of 25% jump up to 35% while I wrote this reply!

DI'd the suggested hard reset and turned off everything the uses extra power!

Sadly, I had a bad feelinh about updating to 9.2.1 since it didn't mention any issues my phone was having, but updated to get rid of the annoying reminder!

I should of went with my gut instinct.

Feb 5, 2016 2:41 PM in response to TwinkleK

Using the battery level meter in this manner is comparable to using your car's fuel gauge to calculate miles per gallon. The only thing that matters is the total amount of operating time from full charge to auto-shutdown.

Use the wall-mount charger that came with the iPhone and charge overnight. Do NOT use a computer's USB port. Then, operate it normally until auto shut-down (ignore any low level alerts that may appear). An irony is that doing that test to determine the total operating time is also the procedure necessary to calibrate the battery level meter.

battery drain ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.