Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have recently bought an iphone 6 and it does carry the symbol KC in the back of the phone. Can anyone tell what this is?

I have recently bought an iphone 6 and it does carry the symbol KC in the back of the phone. Can anyone tell what this is?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 8:22 AM

Difficult to say for sure without having seen it, but I'll hazard that it could be a personalized device that once belonged to someone with those initials. Unless it is an institutional logo.

6 replies

Jan 21, 2016 9:27 AM in response to Shiftck

That's the logo for the Korean Communications Commission. Counterpart to the FCC in America.

It signifies the iPhone complies with the KCC's regulations on mobile devices. Just like American Phones must comply with the FCC.

Different countries have different commissions and regulations, that iPhones sold there must comply with. If they do, they must stamp the logo on the device to evidence that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.