Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote Breaks and Is Way Too Fragile

Has anyone else broke their Apple TV Siri remote with the 4th generation unit? This thing is way too fragile and needs to be addressed.

I was sitting on my couch and moved slightly, the slippery remote slid off my couch and onto the hardwood floor from 2 feet. It completely shattered the touchscreen of the remote. Pretty ridiculous. Now I need to spend $80 on a new remote? No thanks...

This is a beautifully design remote, but real world usage was not taken into consideration. I've had remotes from 20years ago that I've dropped, stepped on, and thrown, and they work fine. Apple needs to look at this and realized the abuse remotes take. A 2ft all onto a floor should not cost you $80.

User uploaded file

Apple TV (4th generation), tvOS 9

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 3:14 AM

SHAME ON YOU APPLE for building such a fragile device than taking advantage of the situation selling it for 79+ taxes $

this kind of attitude will drag you from the top to the bottom of the market.

SO SO DISAPOINTED!!!!! User uploaded file

8 replies

Apple TV Remote Breaks and Is Way Too Fragile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.