Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new ipod shuffle only records one podcast

My new 4th generation ipod shuffe only records one podcast at a time. Have used 2 different computer--uninstalled itunes 2 times. This is 2nd new ipod with same results. Help, please.

dell desktop, Windows XP, 6 months old

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 3:18 PM

iPods does not "record" anything. Your shuffle plays existing audio content, that you sync from your computer's iTunes library. Can you describe what you are trying to do in more detail?

Is the problem loading the podcast onto the shuffle? Or is the problem playing the podcast, when using the shuffle?

6 replies

Jan 20, 2016 3:23 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

I could add podcasts directly to my older shuffle. Now Ipod uses playlists. I have 19 saved podcasts. When I try to move to the next podcast, only one podcast can be selected. I am sure it is something I'm not understading as I sent another new shuffle back last week with hte exact same problem. I want to have many podcasts on my shuffle to be able to choose from--as I could on my old shuffle.

Jan 20, 2016 3:43 PM in response to kfla

On the 3rd and 4th gen shuffle, podcasts are treated as playlists, with the podcast episodes as the items (like songs) on the playlist. If you have only one episode from a particular podcast, that's the only one that plays, until you change the playlist. When playing the shuffle, you select the playlist (podcast) by using the VoiceOver feature. This document explains how to enable and use VoiceOver on the shuffle

iPod shuffle (4th generation): Enabling and using VoiceOver - Apple Support

See sections, Changing playlists and To choose an item from the playlist menu.

NOTE: If you want podcast episodes to play consecutively, in a desired order, you can create and maintain a playlist (with the podcast episodes you want on the shuffle) in iTunes. Then, set iTunes to automatically sync that "iPod Podcasts" playlist to the shuffle each time you connect your shuffle to iTunes. If you want more info on how to do that, please post back.

my new ipod shuffle only records one podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.