Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Slow/Unresponsive since El Capitan 10.11.3

Wireless is extremely slow since updating to El Capitan 10.11.3. Macbook Pro Mid 2014. I can plug in thunderbolt ethernet adapter and internet speeds are excellent. Wireless was great with El Capitan 10.11.2, just updated to 10.11.3 this morning and have been struggling with wireless since. I also had wireless problems with Yosemite. Cell phone, windows laptop, parallels windows 7 & 10 installs on macbook all work great on wifi network. Anyone have suggestions to improve wireless speeds? This is just not in safari, all browsers (chrome and firefox), other apps such as spotify and maps as well. I am very tech savvy and have tried all of the basis... reboot router, delete wifi network/add again, change dns servers, clear dns, clear safari temp files, etc.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 6:48 AM

Please start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2016 6:48 AM in response to benjose33

Please start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Jan 21, 2016 7:32 AM in response to yeovilpen

I just spoke to ESET - they admitted that they have a problem, since december. They told me that most anti-virus software have this problem.

They told me uninstalling en reinstalling could do the trick but they can't say how long this solution will work.

They also said they're working on a solution but they can't say anything about a solution

Jan 21, 2016 8:02 AM in response to IrishGodfather703

I'm asking for a refund and the guy told to send them email. They will respond within 24 hours.

If they decide too, no idea but it can't hurt to ask. Assuming that ESET is the cause if this problem is nog right.

This may very well be a bug by apple or a combination - so I'm not holding anyone responsible. Also, we're dealing with hard and software, this can happen.

Jan 21, 2016 11:45 AM in response to NL_SCOTT

I never ever buy ESET again. It took for me 4 hours, even ordered my FIOS router replacement. Poor job, ESET, very poor job. Eset now is busy with Ukranian cyber attack on their FaceBook page. ESET!!!! Come back home , fix our problems first.

To uninstall this "masterpiece" of software you have to download the installer here http://www.eset.com/us/support/download/home/ it took for me almost half an hour to download it since Eset blocked the access.

Jan 22, 2016 12:07 AM in response to Lynxy

Same with me - any browser based connection was very slow - Ethernet, thunderbolt and WiFi. Internal (NAS and Switches) and external web pages were all affected - funnily enough with the exception of the management page of my firewall !.

You don't need to download an installer.

Go to applications in finder and find ESET. Right click to "Show Package contents". Navigate to Contents -> Helpers where you will find an uninstaller.

Wifi Slow/Unresponsive since El Capitan 10.11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.