Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't unlock my iPhone.

So, this morning I forgot my passcode, and so I tried using iTunes to reset it but that did not work. I eventually got fed up and reset the phone through find my iPhone, and it worked, so I have been using it for the past 6, or so hours and now, when I swipe to enter in my NEW passcode for the phone, it just shuts off but with the apple logo before it. It restarts, but any way to access the passcode screen just shuts it off. I have tried hard resetting the phone, but I do not want to restore my phone. Any way around this? (I need an answer ASAP)

(I can use touch id but not anymore after restarting phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 1:51 PM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2016 2:05 PM in response to valour4

Hi there,

I have answered this question before (hence my only 10 points 😁).

Try putting it into DFU mode. Then you can plug it into iTunes and reset it.

Here is how:

First: Put the device into DFU mode.

DFU MODE STEPS

1. Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
  2. Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
  3. Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
  4. Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

Second: Plug it into your computer and open iTunes. It will either prompt to restore and up date or you can manually restore using the following steps.IOS Restore StepsBefore restoring:

Restoring your iOS device

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
  3. Click Restore.
  4. After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see "Slide to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
  5. If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.

(These steps were taken from an answer for another question by Jason Louie)

I can't unlock my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.