Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 9.0.3 Performance Issues

Just upgraded to Safari 9.0.3 today. It hangs when loading 90% of all websites. Very slow to load websites that it eventually does open. And even then, there's a lot of missing content. Disappointing to say the least. I've turned off all extensions, re-booted several times and it still has problems. I'm running OS X (10.9.5) on a Mac Book Pro (mid 2014). I'm wondering if there's a conflict with other software like Lil' Snitch or ESET Cyber Security, both of which are up to date. Never had this problem with a Safari update before.

Any suggestions..?

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 4:34 PM

26 replies

Jan 21, 2016 11:46 AM in response to KiltedTim

I understand that some OS X purists are quite opinionated when it comes to antivirus software and see it as 'completely worthless'. However, I've been hacked in the past (probably due to my own inexperience and naiveté) and had my bank account cleaned out. I was running without antivirus (on a Mac) and fell victim to a key-logger. So even tho antivirus may seem to be without practical value to some, it at least affords me what little peace of mind I still have left.

Jan 24, 2016 8:47 AM in response to Peter Fallon

Peter Fallon wrote:

I do not have any extensions and have the hanging problem. Any other possibilities?

Do you have Anti-virus packages installed?

Are you running Mavericks?

Did you just apply an OS X security update?

And as suggested by dumpster01, have you tried booting into Safe mode to eliminate 3rd party software influence?

<http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1564>

Jan 27, 2016 1:01 AM in response to BobHarris

Safari 9.0.3 is all but completely unusable on my system. I trashed all the preferences, history, cookies, etc. I have no extensions.

It hangs loading the first page but eventually loads. It will load a 2nd page in a 2nd tab, and then stop working completely.

After numerous tries it sometimes will eventually load bookmarked pages, but not pages from typed addresses.

There is also a major redraw error in the address bar.

Safari 9.0.3 Performance Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.