Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote access to AirPort Time Capsule 2TB (7.7.3)

Hi,

trying to setup remote access to my AirPort Time Capsule. I want to be able to reach it from my iphone or ipad when traveling.

I can get it to work via FileBrowser app in my phone but only on my network. You can see my setup on the link here: http://1drv.ms/1T8YvMe .

Is there something I've missed?

In the FileBrowser I've tried to enter adress like so 213.112.24X.XX:8989 and afp:\\213.112.24X.XX.

The strangest thing is that it prompts me for user and pass, but after entering it, it doesn't connect. (User name & Pass are 100% accurate )

I get an error "network unreachable bla bla "

Any ideas?

Best Regards

AirPort Time Capsule 2TB-OTHER, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 8:51 AM

4 replies

Jan 21, 2016 9:40 AM in response to SKREMIC

See this FileBrowser support document. It may or may not work since Apple has made some changes to the firmware on newer AirPorts.

http://www.stratospherix.com/support/gsw_timecapsule.php?page=6remote

This does work for me when I try it, but you should be aware that this method is not secure at all, so it would not be recommended. It's your call, though.

Jan 22, 2016 9:44 AM in response to SKREMIC

I checked again today, and the FileBrowser instructions still work perfectly using 7.7.3 firmware on the AirPort router. Here is what the setup looks like on my AirPort Extreme which forwards to the Time Capsule. Both the AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule are using 7.7.3 firmware.

User uploaded file

The AirPort Extreme router is at 10.0.1.1 on the local network, and the Time Capsule always receives a fixed, reserved IP address of 10.0.1.2.

You might want to get in touch with the FileBrowser support folks for more help and check with your ISP to make sure that they are not blocking Port 20445. Some do.

Remote access to AirPort Time Capsule 2TB (7.7.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.