Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased TV shows last 2 weeks that are downloaded

I normally go to the iTunes TV Shows Web page then click on the Purchased option to find the TV shows I subscribe to that have not been downloaded. For the last 2 weeks this brings up all of the TV shows from the last 2 weeks even though they have already been downloaded. If I download again I end up with Duplicates. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

This method has worked for several years.

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 8:33 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2016 7:27 AM in response to GlennHann

Seems that we are the only ones that have this problem. Also no one appears to have a solution for us. I have been using the eMails that I receive from the Apple Store to download the new shows. This morning I checked the updated Purchased screen (Which still shows all of the shows from the point in time that this problem started) against my iTunes list and I found that I had not received some of the emails about shows that were ready to be downloaded. This means that I did not receive any notice about new shows on some need to be downloaded.

I am going to call Apple support since I am using a Mac Mini that still has a AppleCare support active on it. I will let you know what they have to say.

Feb 10, 2016 11:26 AM in response to GlennHann

I have talked to a Senior Applecare Advisor and after a long but very productive discussion we discovered that she had the same problem on her computer with her iTunes store account. Here is what we have found.

When you click on Purchased on the iTunes web page for TV shows the system is supposed to check your library for all, of the TV shows that have not been downloaded to your computer. It is not doing this at all. It is doing something completely different. We could not identify exactly what it was doing but at least we could identify that it was not checking for shows that have not been downloaded.

The only current method of checking for shows that need to be downloaded is to go to the Store menu in iTunes and slide down to "Check for available downloaded".

We were able to verify that it was not working by the following test.

On the left of the web page showing the available shows to be downloaded is the list of shows that have been purchased. At the top of that list is "Recent Purchases". That is the default when the page is loaded. If you click on any of the shows below that you should be able to click on the top option of "Not in my library" and the system should identify only the episodes for that show that are not in your library. It does not even do that correctly.

To sum this all up we now have an Applecare Senior Advisor that has the same problem with her account so that she can show the iTunes developers exactly what is happening. She is going to keep me posted as she identifies the issue to the developers.

I will pass on all she sends me.

Feb 19, 2016 7:10 AM in response to JohnCrane

I received an email from the Apple Tech that I spoke to and she reported that the problem has been resolved. It was a iTunes store problem that they have fixed. I checked this morning and found that when I click on the Purchased link I was only shown the TV shows that were not in my Library.

It is amazing how quickly they were able to fix the problem.

Purchased TV shows last 2 weeks that are downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.