Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Browser and Other Tools for Photosensitive Users?

I have sensory processing disorder and some other sensory issues. I find flashing lights, certain types of animation, zooming, flashing menus, sheering, etc. can be very painful and disorienting.

I currently use Firefox because it has better animation-block and cookie handling than Safari, but it still has far, far, far too much flashing.

Does anyone know of a web broweser which won't hurt to use? and won't trigger migraines for some, trigger seizures for others, etc. depending on the type of photosensitivity?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 10:25 AM

2 replies

Jan 22, 2016 6:56 PM in response to Marja E

Apparently Lynx is a text-only browser, I'm not sure whether I'd be able to choose readable font settings, and Links is an attempt to comprosise between text-only and conventional browsers. But can run on OS X, but both would require downloading all the required libraries and doing all the compilation. Is there something an unskilled user can do?

Web Browser and Other Tools for Photosensitive Users?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.