Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

On my large desktop iMac now about 3 years old I was happy until very recently using Apple mail and gmail. I chose not to upgrade beyond OSX 10.6.8 because this OSX allows me to use my venerable and faithful Stylewriter for printing: and i still have a dozen spare ink cartridges.

The problem now is that Apple Mail and folders disappeared completely a month or so ago. No sign of a Mail application in the Applications index and nothing found doing a normal search. My Applications index listing jumps from Onyx to Photo Booth.

I have tried reinstalling Snow Leopard using the 3 original discs that came with my iMac: Mac OS XSnow Leopard install DVD, iMac OS X Install DVD and iMac Applications Install DVD.

But Mail is still missing.

What do I need to do to get the Apple Mail application back?

GoogleMail works well on Google Chrome & Firefox – but I prefer the (missing)Apple layouts by far.

Stylewriter-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Used with iMac (2000)

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 10:35 AM

9 replies

Jan 24, 2016 4:03 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for trying to help. But still no success.

My Mail file and logo is still missing.

What do I need to do to get the Apple Mail application back?

GoogleMail works well on Google Chrome & Firefox – but I prefer the (missing) Apple layouts by far.

KIT __ Stylewriter, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Used with iMac (2000) – so cannot up grade further yet as I will lose the ability to print via my old Stylewriter.

Where can the Apple Mail folder have gone?

Jan 24, 2016 4:05 AM in response to Bigglesfela

Here is the current iMac desktop setup ....

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac11,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version: IM111.0034.B02

SMC Version (system): 1.54f36

Serial Number (system): VM010JJR5PJ

Hardware UUID: DFD1E9C7-9142-5902-A115-063D55421942

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.