Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud download disables iTunes from opening at all

I'm running iTunes v. 10.7.0.21.

Both apps were running fine together yesterday iTunes wouldn't open and I had this message: https://discussions.apple.com/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/175/17537372-1.pn g

"iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 127)." Then I get an entry point error: "The procedure entry point CAImageQueueRegisterCVImageBuffer could not be located in the dynamic link library QuartzCore.dll."

I went through multiple full installs of Apple from this help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

After reinstalling iTunes, iTunes worked fine. But after installing iCloud, I got the same entry point error for iTunes. Not sure what iCloud version I've been using since I don't have iCloud installed currently otherwise I couldn't open iTunes. I don't usually update iTunes but I do auto-update of other Apple products.

Now that I don't have iCloud installed, on the computer startup, I get the same two error prompts without starting anything on my computer.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sony VAIO-OTHER, Windows 7, null

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 10:37 AM

5 replies

Jan 24, 2016 2:57 PM in response to d0rc

d0rc wrote:

Thanks ManSinha

I've done the complete install/uninstall twice. iTunes works, but once I install iCloud, the program fails to open again. Do you think maybe the versions are just too incompatible? Since I haven't updated iTunes since 2012 (I prefer the older layout).

Thanks again

Not sure that is the case I have a Win 7 computer with both iTunes and iCloud console running without any problems - what if you install iCloud first and then iTunes - does the iTunes still fail to work?

Feb 8, 2016 10:06 AM in response to ManSinha

Hi ManSinha

I've tried installing iTunes first which disables iCloud: "The procedure entry point OBJC_Class_$_NSURL could not be located in the dynamic link library CoreFoundation.dll."

I've also tried installing iCloud first, which causes iTunes to prompt the not installed message properly up on my initial post.

I used to not have this problem. It seems to have surfaced just in Jan.

Thanks again!

iCloud download disables iTunes from opening at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.