Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator STOP function missing! How to stop?

I'm developing a multi-step process in Automator. During iterative tests sometimes it will fail to execute some actions, but because it carries on this misaligns the remaining actions with inputed data. When this occurs I need to stop the script but there's no 'stop' button in the in menu bar (like there used to be). It's difficult to switch to Automator to press 'command - period' because the script is in control and constantly takes the focus other places.

Can someone suggest a reliable way to handle this situation? How to stop Automator mid-workflow?

Context:

• I'm trying to verify if we have been charged for products we already cancelled.
  • There are many pdf invoices with many many lines to check.
  • The pdf contents will be copied into TextEdit, then massaged to create consistent format and remove extraneous data.
  • Massaged lines will be pasted into Numbers.
  • In Numbers I will combine this with a list of cancellations to compare/highlight where we've been wrongly charged.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 2:28 PM

2 replies

Jan 23, 2016 4:26 AM in response to MrHuman

I've been fooling around with Automator for a few hours trying to look for little ways it can handle my repetitive stuff. I've figured out some pretty neat tricks, but I also have a slew of unwanted folder actions and services in my context menus and for the life of my I can't figure out how to get rid of them!

The folder actions are especially problematic since they mess with my files automatically.

Googling it isn't turning up anything nor can I seem to find anything in Apple's help documents. Is this some kind of huge joke being played on me here or something? Has no one ever wanted to disable their automator tasks before or something?

Someone, please help! I'm pulling out what little hair I have left!

<Link Edited by Host>

Feb 12, 2016 7:54 PM in response to adammary

Adammary,

I've seen this very problem discussed within Apple Discussions. I just found it again for you: Re: Can't stop an old Automator script - In it they discuss aspects that may be part of the problem, including a resource folder called 'Folder Actions' buried in your user 'Library' folder. They also mention some resources that should be of use to you and your situation.

Also, you are more likely to get help faster if you publish your question as a new discussion than posting it in an existing discussion. - You and I are the only ones on this one. To publish a new question/discussion, do so via the 'New' button at the top of this webpage.

Good luck!

Automator STOP function missing! How to stop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.