Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s Clock app time stops when app is open

When I open the clock app on my iphone 5s, the time stops. I'm running on the newest ios 9.2.1 on Verizon. I was really hoping the update would fix this.

Notes:

- In the app, if I switch it to the clock face mode, then switch to the numerics, the time is updated.

- The time at the top of the phone is always correct.

- In Date & Time, I've switched the phone to no longer update automatically. The clock does not update in either mode.

- I've reset all settings. Turned off location services. Reset Network. Reset my phone. No luck.

Anything else I should try other than to wait out my contract in March and purchase a new phone?

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1, Verizon

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 3:29 PM

3 replies

Jan 21, 2016 3:43 PM in response to liezl

My world clock behaves the same way (AT&T; iPhone 6S; iOS 9.2.1).

I would say the idea of the World Clock is not to watch the time move, but rather to get a sense of how many hours apart the time you're inquiring about (Los Angeles in your screen shot) is from your actual time (shown at the top of your screen).

Further, I've discovered that if I exit the World Clock and later come back to it, the time is still not updated. I have to actually halt the app using the app switcher to get the World Clock to update.

To me, this is not anything worth worrying about.

Feb 7, 2016 6:27 AM in response to liezl

My World Clock in my iPhone 5c with the updated iOS 9.2.1 acts the same way. However, I can not accept the answers you have received. Under the previous iOS the World Clock would change and keep up with the rest of the “World”. I have used this App many times in checking and adjusting an old grandfather clock in the house. The World Clock in digital display would change time. Now it doesn’t.

I’ve searched and can not find a way to contact Apple and inform them of this glitch.

Steve (RampRatAir)

iPhone 5s Clock app time stops when app is open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.