Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i delete songs off of an ipod shuffle to return it to the store without removing them from itunes

I work for a school district and ended up with the wrong device. I need to delete the music off of the iPod shuffle that was purchased for me (without removing the music from iTunes) in order to return the device in exchange for a different apple device. How do I do this?

iPod shuffle

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 3:21 PM

The iPod shuffle does not have any pre-installed "music from iTunes." You only need to do a Restore on the iPod using iTunes. This erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings. The Restore button is on the shuffle's Summary settings screen in iTunes.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Name the shuffle something generic, like "iPod." Eject and disconnect it without syncing anything to it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2016 3:21 PM in response to m.kaufmann

The iPod shuffle does not have any pre-installed "music from iTunes." You only need to do a Restore on the iPod using iTunes. This erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings. The Restore button is on the shuffle's Summary settings screen in iTunes.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Name the shuffle something generic, like "iPod." Eject and disconnect it without syncing anything to it.

how can i delete songs off of an ipod shuffle to return it to the store without removing them from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.