Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple remote desktop active directory intergration

Hey Team

Sorry if this has been asked but when using ARD can the macs still integrate in to Active directory.

I.e Can i bind the mac client to AD and still using the ARD to manage

Also does apple configuratior also integrate with ARD

Skip

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 8:19 AM

Where are you headed with this question? Can you provide some more background on the requirements or the expectations, if I've not guessed correctly with the following?

ARD is not particularly tied to nor dependent on Active Directory. There've been a few bugfixes over the years to allow ARD to operate in AD environments, though.

Apple Configurator is a tool that can load profiles onto iOS devices, and is also not particularly tied to nor dependent on Active Directory.

For completeness...

ARD does not allow access into nor viewing of iOS devices.

iOS devices do have some LDAP client capabilities but AFAIK, something like Centrify Express would be needed for iOS integration with Active Directory.

Apple Configurator can manage iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple TV (2nd generation or later) devices, but not OS X.

And to paraphrase Number Six from The Prisoner, "I am not a team member!"

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2016 8:19 AM in response to skiptdouglas

Where are you headed with this question? Can you provide some more background on the requirements or the expectations, if I've not guessed correctly with the following?

ARD is not particularly tied to nor dependent on Active Directory. There've been a few bugfixes over the years to allow ARD to operate in AD environments, though.

Apple Configurator is a tool that can load profiles onto iOS devices, and is also not particularly tied to nor dependent on Active Directory.

For completeness...

ARD does not allow access into nor viewing of iOS devices.

iOS devices do have some LDAP client capabilities but AFAIK, something like Centrify Express would be needed for iOS integration with Active Directory.

Apple Configurator can manage iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple TV (2nd generation or later) devices, but not OS X.

And to paraphrase Number Six from The Prisoner, "I am not a team member!"

apple remote desktop active directory intergration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.